LB-8, teaching Staff Quarter,
Near VC House,
Saurashtra University Campus,
Rajkot - 360 005
Neuropharmacology, Bioethics in Clinical Research
BUCH PR, PATEL VL, RANPARIYA VL, SHETH NR, PARMAR SK. (2012) Neuroprotective activity of Cymbopogon martinii against cerebral Ischemia/reperfusion-induced oxidative stress in rats, Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 142, 35-40. (Impact factor-3.05)
SHARMA T, AIRAO V, PANARA N, VAISHNAV D, RANPARIYA V, SHETH N, PARMAR S. (2014). Solasodine protects rat brain against ischemia/reperfusion injury through its antioxidant activity. European Journal of Pharmacology, 725, 40-46. (Impact factor-2.73)
KALARIYA M, PRAJAPATI R, PARMAR SK, SHETH N. (2015). Effect of hydroalcoholic extract of leaves of Colocasia esculenta on marble-burying behavior in mice: Implications for obsessive-compulsive Disorder. Pharmaceutical Biology, 53(8), 1239-1242. (Impact factor-1.24).
RANPARIYA VL, PARMAR SK, SHETH NR. (2016). Antiplasmodial activity of Lantana camara in mice infected with Plasmodium berghei. British Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, 13(4): 1-8.
PRAJAPATI RP, KARKARE VP, KALARIYA MV, PARMAR SK, SHETH NR. (2013). Pharmacognostic and phytochemical evaluation of the Solanun sisymbriifolium leaf. African Journal of Biotechnology, 12 (42) 6133-6139.
PRAJAPATI R, PARMAR S, SHETH N. (2011). Antidepressant like activity of Lagenaria siceraria (Molina) Standley fruits by evaluation of the forced swim behavior in rats. InternationalJournal of Nutrition, Pharmacology, Neurological Diseases, 1 (2), 152-156.
PRAJAPATI RP, KALARIYA MV, KARKARE VP, PARMAR SK, SHETH NR. (2011). Effect of methanolic extract of Lagenaria siceraria (Molina) Standley fruits on marble-burying behavior in mice: Implications for obsessive-compulsive disorder. Pharmacognosy Research, 3(1), 62-66.
PRAJAPATI RP, KALARIYA MV, KARKARE VP, PARMAR SK, SHETH NR. (2011). Colocasia esculenta: A potent indigenous plant. InternationalJournal of Nutrition, Pharmacology, Neurological Diseases, 1 (2), 90-96.
PARMAR SK, GANGWAL AP, SHETH NR. (2010). Solanum xanthocarpum (Yellow berried night shade)-A review. Der Pharmacia Lettre, 2(4): 373-383.
GANGWAL AP, PARMAR SK, SHETH NR. (2010). Triterpenoid, flavonoids and sterols from Lagenaria siceraria fruits. Der Pharmacia Lettre, 2(1), 307-317.
PARMAR SK, GANGWAL AP, SHETH NR. (2010). Mast cell membrane stabilization and anti-histaminic actions- possible mechanism of action of anti-inflammatory action of Murraya koenigii. Journal of Current Pharmaceutical Research, 2(1): 21-25.
PARMAR SK, GANGWAL AP, SHETH NR. (2010). Evaluation of antiasthmatic activity of a polyherbal formulation containing four plant extracts. Journal of Current Pharmaceutical Research, 2(1): 40-44.
PRAJAPATI RP, KALARIYA MV, PARMAR SK, SHETH NR. (2010). Phytochemical and pharmacological review of Lagenaria sicerariaJournal of Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine, 1(4), 266-272.
GANGWAL AP, PARMAR SK, SHETH NR. (2010). Phytochemical investigation and immunomodulatory activity of Lagenaria siceraria fruits. Journal of Natural Remedies. 10(2): 180-184.
SANANDIA JR, PARMAR SK, SHETH NR. (2009). Pharmacognostical study of Cymbopogon martini (Roxb.) Watson. Journal of Herbal Medicine and Toxicology, 3(2), 99-103.
GANGWAL AP, PARMAR SK, SHETH NR. (2009). Isolation and immunomodulatory activity of phytoconstituents of Lagenaria siceraria. InPharm Communique 2(2), 46-50.
GANGWAL AP, PARMAR SK, MARDIA RB, SHETH NR. (2008). Immunomodulatory activity of saponin mixture isolated from Lagenaria siceraria fruits. Nigerian Journal of Natural Products and Medicine, 12, 43-46.
PRAJAPATI R, KALARIYA M, PARMAR S, SHETH N. (2016). Anxiolytic effects of Lagenaria siceraria fruits on the elevated plus maze model of anxiety in rats.Asian Journal of Ethnopharmacology and Medicinal Foods, 02 (01), 2016; 26-30.
Title of Project
Sanctioned Letter No.
UGC INNOVATIVE PROGRAM
UGC NEW DELHI
IQAC SEED MONEY PROJECT
IQAC SAURASHTRA UNIVERSITY RAJKOT
GUJCOST MINOR RESEARCH PROJECT
GUJCOST/MRP/2015-15/386 dated 30 June 2014
AICTE RESEARCH PROMOTION SCHEME
AICTE NEW DELHI
8-30/RTFD/ RPS/POLlCY-3/2O13-14, dated Jan 22, 2014
JAN 2014-JAN 2017
IQAC MAJOR RESEARCH PROJECT
IQAC SAURASHTRA UNIVERSITY RAJKOT
Nil dated 5/03/2009
v Areas of interest
Preclinical: 1. Screening of isolated plant constituents in murine model of Diabetic stroke
2. Neuropharmacology of isolated plant constituents
3. Determination of toxicity of various drug samples
Clinical: Bioethical issues in clinical and public health research
v Subjects teaching
· Advanced Pharmacology, Clinical Pharmacy Practice, Research Methodology, Biostatistics, Pharmacoepidemiology, Methods in Biological Evaluation of Drugs, Pharmacovigilence, BA/BE studies
v Research guidance
Ph.D.: 08 students under guidance (recognized PhD guide at Saurashtra University since )
Master of Pharmacy: Guided 24 students
Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Research: Guided 12 students
v Continuing education (online courses)
· Completed “PH207x: Health in Numbers: Quantitative Methods in Clinical & Public Health Research” a course of study offered by Harvardx (Harvard School of Public Health), an online learning initiative of Harvard University through edX (February 1st, 2013)
· Completed ‘Stat 2.1x: Introduction to Statistics: Descriptive Statistics’ a course of study offered by BerkeleyX, an online learning initiative of The University of California At Berkeley through edX (April 1st, 2013)
· Pursuing PG Diploma course in Bioethics from IGNOU
· WIPO online courses:
(1) Primer Course on Intellectual Property (DL-001E) (April 1st, 2013)
(2) Introduction to the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) (April 1st, 2013)
· Qualified GATE-2003 (Conducted by IIT, Mumbai) with 83.43 percentile
· Written GRE (Score 1080/1600) and TOEFL (Score 247/300) in the year 2005.
v Awards Received
· Gufic Prize, a National Award for best paper presentation by Indian Pharmacological Society (the apex pharmacological society in India)
v Members of various committees
Member Secretary of Ethiclin Ethics Committee of Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Saurashtra University, Rajkot, Gujarat, India
Member Secretary of Institutional Animal Ethics Committee (IAEC) of Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Saurashtra University, Rajkot, Gujarat, India
Chairperson, Ethics Committee, BT Savani Kidney Hospital, Rajkot, Gujarat, India
v Received a scholarship by UGC (Govt. of India) for 2 years during PG studies at RTM Nagpur University, Nagpur, Maharashtra, India.
v Registered Pharmacist in Gujarat State Pharmacy Council (Registration no-G23272, Since March 5th, 2005)
v Memberships of professional bodies
· Life member of Indian Pharmacological Society (IPS): Membership number-LP159, since January 16, 2005
· Life Member of Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers in India (APTI): Membership number-GU/LM162, Since March 22, 2007
· Life Member of Alumni Association of Nagpur University Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences (NUDPS), Nagpur, Since September 4, 2005,
· Life member of Alumni Association of B.K. Modi Govt Pharmacy College, Rajkot, Gujarat Since
v Computer literacy and soft skills
· Scored 85% in CCC+ (Course on Computer Concepts Plus) exam
· Certificate Course in Computer Applications (Global Education), Nagpur.
· Expertise in Research software handling- Endnote, Scifinder
· Expertise in Statistical software handling: GraphPad Instat, Prism 5.1, Stata
· Participation in Motivational courses: ‘Basic course’ and ‘Yes+’ courses of Art of living, Rajkot, India.